Thursday, July 21, 2016

My Creative Time: Thoughtful Thursday

Hi, today is Thoughtful Thursday over on the My Creative Time blog. I wanted to create a very simple "get well" card for my aunt who is going through a tough time right now. The new Ouch Stamp was the perfect set to help complete this project.


I first cut out the large pink card stock rectangle using the Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies. I then layered it onto a vellum Stitched Postage Frame. I set that aside and cut two trips for the sentiment. One in the pink card stock and the other in vellum. I then used the new Ouch Stamp Set along with embossing ink and white embossing powder to add the sentiment/hearts to the vellum strip.

I used the More Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies to cut out the pretty pattern paper rectangle. I then layered the strips onto one another and glued them onto my pattern paper rectangle. I added the pattern paper to my vellum postage frame and pink card stock rectangle.

I measured and cut a card base that would go behind  the pink card stock rectangle. I finished the simple card by adding some sequins to jazz it up as well as clear Wink of Stella to the inside of the hearts.

Products Used:
Ouch Stamp Set
Stitched Postage Frame Dies
Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies
More Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies

Recollection's Vellum and Card Stock
Vintage Bliss Pattern Paper
Recollection's Snow Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink
Clear Pearl Mini Sequins

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

For more design team inspiration, please head on over to Miss Emma's blog.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Emily what a Gorgeous Card!! Love that Vintage Pattern Paper you used it's so beautiful...Love too the creative ways you used Miss Emma's goodies...the vellum definitely makes for a super sweet look. Hope your Aunt feels better soon your card will definitely be a bright spot in her day!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I hope your Aunt will be having better days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card! I think it will bring brighter days to your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have found the perfect pattern paper for this card...it stands all on it's own with little need for much embellishments. Beautiful job. I hope your aunt will be doing much better soon...this card should cheer her up some!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful card, I like the vellum and pattern paper also. Just awesome, hope your aunt feels lots better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete